Module Load Warning One or more of the modules on this page did not load. This may be temporary. Please refresh the page (click F5 in most browsers). If the problem persists, please let the Site Administrator know.
There are 11 Forums in 4 different categories at WildBirds.com
New at birding North Central Texas
Last Post 4/20/2010 10:01 PM by ROCKSANDSTONES. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ROCKSANDSTONES

--
4/20/2010 10:01 PM
    I live in the North Central Texas area an just saw a very intriguing bird that I've never seen before. Unfortunately I was unable to get a pic of them but I will try to describe it. These birds arrived in a small flock, they swept into the yard to eat bird seed i recently scattered on the ground. I am assuming this group had both male and female birds because the less colorful birds still had some yellow on them. What I call the male birds (there were probably 3-4 in this group of about 20) had bright yellow orange heads they were about the size of a redwing black bird maybe a little larger. The rest of the body was a dirty black color and I think I saw a white feather or two mixed in. I know this isn't much to go on and probably not a very good description but it's all I have at the moment. I've watched birds all through the years but have never run across one of these before and am very curious. I also was not able to find a pic of this bird online anywhere but that's probably because I don't know what type of bird category to look for. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.