Go
There are 11 Forums in 4 different categories at WildBirds.com
New at birding North Central Texas
Last Post 20 Apr 2010 09:01 PM by ROCKSANDSTONES. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
20 Apr 2010 09:01 PM
    I live in the North Central Texas area an just saw a very intriguing bird that I've never seen before. Unfortunately I was unable to get a pic of them but I will try to describe it. These birds arrived in a small flock, they swept into the yard to eat bird seed i recently scattered on the ground. I am assuming this group had both male and female birds because the less colorful birds still had some yellow on them. What I call the male birds (there were probably 3-4 in this group of about 20) had bright yellow orange heads they were about the size of a redwing black bird maybe a little larger. The rest of the body was a dirty black color and I think I saw a white feather or two mixed in. I know this isn't much to go on and probably not a very good description but it's all I have at the moment. I've watched birds all through the years but have never run across one of these before and am very curious. I also was not able to find a pic of this bird online anywhere but that's probably because I don't know what type of bird category to look for. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.